Sunday 13 November 2011

Special Surprise - Alyssa

Yesterday I was surprised with the news that my mom and I were going to leave our family of 9 for over a week to an all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic!! We would be leaving at home one father with the remaining 5 boys and one 3 year old girl. My brother that is only a year younger than me (the second oldest) begged us not to go saying that they would have no dinners for over a week! We rushed through our packing and headed out the door at 4:30pm this evening to catch the 5pm ferry leaving from Swartz Bay. As the door closed behind us, we could hear the shouts and cheers of the boys and my mom was seriously worried for her three year old daughter that she had left behind.

Because of the Remembrance/Veterans Day long weekend, the terminal was crowded as well at the ferry, bus and skytrain. My mom, being 7 months pregnant was very exhausted and ready to go to sleep by the time we got to the Fairmont at the airport. But there were more surprises in store. 20 minutes ago, my dad called saying that my cousin Amalie and her mom are also joining us last minute! They're going to leave at home 4 boys and a father who may just go over to visit OUR house while we're gone! 11 guys without the usual females of the house! We're just praying that the house doesn't burn down and that poor Teyauna (my little sister) manages to survive!! We on the other hand are going to kick back, relax and have our own peaceful little adventure!

Let's see what happened when the women left...

2 comments:

  1. Lucky duck! have fun! and I love this new blog! I will keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't post yesterday! I wrote it last night but still am not able to upload it yet.

    ReplyDelete