Wednesday 16 November 2011

Interesting Discoveries - Alyssa (& Sheira)

Today was pretty laid back, but still had a bunch of interesting surprises and discoveries mixed in... like how many woman must have been having their birthdays on the beach.  Another surprise was when Sheira saw a woman with bright fucsia hair and skin to match it! I was sitting on the beach reading and was interrupted my Kirsten and Sheira who had discovered the non-alchoholic drinks they provided!! They each had three flavours so that we could try them all. I wonder what the servers thought when they saw these two ladies ordering so many slushy drinks... We found out that they had Strawberry-Banana, Coco Loco, Pina Colada, Lime, and a few others that I can't remember the names of.

We also discovered that the snack bar does not provide good mashed potatos or guacamole or tomato sauce (we thought it was tomato soup), so when in doubt, GET PAPAYA! Never can go wrong with that out here and it always tastes good.

Another discovery I had was that my leg looks like it has a disease on it from my 29 mosquito bites!! Shi hasn't even gotten bit ONCE. I even have bites on my toes and am feeling more bites as I write right now.

I had one other interesting thing happen today... Sheira and Kirsten both left to the bathroom (always when they're at the bathrooms!) and Amalie asked me what time it was. So I took out my iPhone to check the time as well as what time it was at home. What I didn't notice was that as I was doing this, one of the servers had come up behind me and was looking down at me. I even looked up at Amalie and asked her something and she didn't even say anything about it! Apparently she tried to hint, but had been silenced by the waiter. Finally, he tapped me on the shoulder and I realized that he was there. I looked startled and asked how he was doing after he had asked me the same. He then let me know that my family was "much bonita" very beautiful. Once he left, I asked Amalie how long he had been there, only to find out that he had been standing behind me for over 5 minutes... SO WEIRD!!!

Haha, anyways, that's about it for today. There were lots of jokes made and lots of funny little experiences and was quite a satisfying, though restful day. We also got new flowers on the rim of our sink today! Haha, we think that the cleaning people take so long to clean because they like to decorate every room. They even made one of Sheira's shirts into a decoration on the bed yesterday when she had left it out to dry... Makes life more interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment